background

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

crazy, crazy birthday...

So I turned 25 today. and it has been one of the worst days ever!!! it started last night when the air conditioner would not work. of course...Michael is working and i have no idea how to fix it. I called to get it fixed and then cancelled the appointment, because we know handy people. All is well right? No---i get a text from Marcia that Jerry has eaten half of a giant chocolate bar (a chocolate bar that I was looking forward to eating)-so of course I am freaking out and I call the vet. He is acting fine so I don't think that I am going to take him in-until I asked "it is not like he is going to drop dead, will he?" Her answer-"Yes-actually he can." In the mean time, Jerry bit the person (Dan--thank you for coming!!!) coming to fix our AC. Fortunately-he got it to work with his wounded hand...grumpy old Jerry!! I guess if I were being poisoned by chocolate I would be grumpy too!!
So I need to get to the vet-Great now what I am going to do---take hungry Finnean to the vet doctor with me...?! No way...did I mention that I had dinner plans? Well I cancelled them and our friends Ashlyn and Adam came to watch Finnean (THANK YOU!!!) and Marcia stayed late (THANK YOU!!!). Meanwhile I take Jerry-they say that it is lucky we brought him in because he had a really high temp. I wait around and my other wonderful friends, Matt and Kelcee, stopped by to cheer me up (THANK YOU!!!). So after passing time with them, Jerry is finally ready to go and is doing okay. They got all of the chocolate up...thank goodness (not to mention...YUCK!) So we finally made it home and Ashlyn and Adam brought me beautiful flowers!! Yeah for flowers!!
So after the craziest day and I got all the calls made to let everyone know that everyone is fine-I got to snuggle the cutest kid on the block (see picture below) and he went down without a peep...maybe that is my birthday present from him and he let me sleep in this morning!!!
My day turned out okay in the end and it just made me realize yet again how lucky I am to have a wonderful husband (on phone support-not sure how many times I called him today!!), a wonderful babysitter and wonderful friends! I love you all!!
and the cutest little boy ever---he really looks like his daddy here. Michael always wears shorts and no shirt to bed-so this picture just cracked me up!

ps..the air conditioner is getting fixed tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Other than the fact that I forgot your birthday!! Happy Happy to you!!!(so sorry) Sounds like you made it just fine and glad Jerry is okay!!!!