background

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Really?!?!

Just to confirm my hate for the cold. Please reference the "keys" blog entry from a couple weeks ago after reading this story.

Michael was out of town last week and I needed to take Jerry out before bedtime. I stayed up way to late blogging so it was SUPER cold-we are talking negative five. Good idea, right? Well on the way outside the doorknob was being kind of funny and I thought maybe I should go through the garage? No-it will be fine I got it locked and I just be out there for a minute. The door is locked and I was talking to Michael on the phone while we were "doing our business." I bee-bop up to the door and can't get it unlocked. Great. Now what?! Michael says on the phone where he is comfortably lounging inside two hours away-yeah the lock has been sticky just turn it a little harder. With my brut strength the broke the key OFF IN THE DOOR!!!!!!!!! With my beautiful baby boy locked inside and Jerry and me outside in the freezing cold. As this happens of course I start to freak out and my phone starts to die because it is so cold. I am crying and tell Michael I have to go-so I can call 911. Poor guy-he has NO idea what is going on and I hang up on him. The wonderful women at the police station was SO nice AND calm -got the police on their way and called a locksmith. Then all I could think is how much is that going to cost-you are so stupid!!!! Why didn't you just go through the garage!! I called Michael back and since he couldn't do anything for us-he looked up the price to the locksmith. I think that is so cute because that is the only thing he could do to "control" the situation. It felt like FOREVER for the police to arrive but they did. One cop who just got off work game and "MacGyver'ed" the door open with little too no effort. They called off the locksmith-thank goodness and they were so nice. They didn't make me feel like a terrible mom even though that is what I felt like because I left myself in the house alone. The cops made sure Finnean was fine and told me to have a good evening. They were great!!! So I let Michael know we were fine and we even laughed about it that night.

The moral of this story is I am no longer taking Jerry outside OR filling the car up with gas. AND I am officially ready for Spring.

2 comments:

The Swaims said...

You are having the worst luck!! Hopefully spring comes soon!

Lori said...

Luckily you had your phone to call. That is scary, but must I say welcome to the %*^$ I do a lot!! Love to hear funnies!