background

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Is it potty time?!

To my surprise today Finnean told me that he had to go "poopy!" I asked him if he wanted to go to the bathroom and sit on the potty and he said yes. So I completely overreacted and made it a huge deal and he was so excited! He pulled down his pjs, we took off the diaper and he sat on the potty chair!!! It was amazing!! We waited and waited for any sort of potty...nothing but boy was it exciting! He pulled up his pjs and he was ready to play...then he decided to try to go again. Still nothing but then said "diaper" and he was ready to play again. I was talking on the phone later today telling a friend about it and when I got done he said "bathroom?" So off we went and he did it again! Still not potty but this is major progress!! So...I guess we will give it a try and have him sit on the potty more often and maybe try this potty boot camp thing that we have heard about?!? The cutest thing was his little expressions and how proud he was that he sat on the potty. I have been talking about it with him a lot today and each time I say something he gets the biggest smile. I am sure there will be more posts to come. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so funny what gets you excited after you become a parent. Who every thought the day would come when you would get so excited by a trip to the potty. He is a smart little guy and is doing great.

Nathan