background

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Eight Months Old...TODAY!

Today Finnean is eight months old. It is amazing that he was so little just a short time ago. I know I always say how fast this is going but he is getting so big! I created a list of what our days are filled with...
  • LOVES to growl, babble and make squealing noises (no mamamams or dadadadas yet!)
  • learned he can blow bubbles in his drool and make a motor noise
  • up on all fours and rocks back and forth
  • uses Momma to stand up (just did this yesterday!)
  • read, read and read...he can turn the pages when you ask him to
  • roll everywhere
  • if he sees something he wants he can go get it
  • go from belly to sitting and back down and back up...one of is fav things to do right now
  • "pet" Jerry
  • starts talking when he sees Jerry
  • feeds himself Puffs
  • started trying new foods (for one week he consistently ate baby food...it is very sporadic)
  • go for walks
  • went on first vacation
  • loves to knock over towers that you make
  • enjoys bath time
  • wears size 3 diapers
  • wears 6-9 month clothes (most of the time)
  • gained a cheesy smile
  • laughs, laughs laughs!
  • grunts when he does not like something (i.e.-take away paper...he loves paper)
  • drools all over everything
  • continues to put everything in his mouth
  • loves hanging out with Marcia
  • gets excited when Momma, Dad and Marcia come into the room
  • sleeps on his belly
  • loves to clap his hands, legs, pounds on the table, clap toys together...anything to make...
  • music!! he loves when we sing, play, or make music!
  • I am sure that I forgot a million of the new things he is doing, he changes each day!

Finnean has had a great month and continues to amaze us each day! We fall in love with him more and more every minute. Just when I think he is as cute as can be he does something even cuter!!

We are almost completely transitioned to formula. That has been really hard for me but I just couldn't pump anymore milk, my body was telling me it was time to be done. I have come a long ways from almost throwing up in the formula aisle because I felt so bad about not producing enough milk. Michael has been a huge support during this and Finnean has been great with the transition and we will be strictly formula before long. It is weird not to nurse him but I do feel a sense of freedom.

The other change is our lives---Marcia is going to be done at the end of August. We knew it could not last forever but wished it could-she has been an amazing part of Finnean's life and we are on the search to find someone who can give him as much love as she does! ..I am hopeful that we will find someone but it can be stressful!

So lots of changes for August but all things that we can find some good in as well! We are just so thankful for each day that we are happy and healthy. Well...that is all of an update that you get now, as little Finnean just woke up from his Sunday afternoon nap...i think long naps for me are the only thing I miss...but I will take sleep deprivation any day, as long as we get to snuggle Finnean!

No comments: