background

Friday, June 24, 2011

30 days...

I just noticed on the side of my blog that our "Countdown to Cozmo" is at 30 days!  O MY GOODNESS!!!  That does not seem like a very long time at all.  Early this week I also realized that in about a week we will be full-term by medical standards and as a friend reminded me this week that if you start going into labor they will not try to get you to stop, which also means we could really have a baby anytime!  We have been talking to Cozmo a lot that he needs to stay in there and cook a little longer.  I would be okay with July 18th.  That doesn't seem too far away and he would be 39 weeks!  His little movements have gotten less abrupt and more of a sliding around and shifting his whole body around, more alien like :)  Finnean was sitting on my lap yesterday and Cozmo was moving all around.  He thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen and couldn't stop laughing.  Just about melted my heart.  He also took all of his "friends (stuffed animals)" in his room and called them babies.  He would say "O that baby is crying, I 'll change the diaper" or "Mommy you pat that baby he is crying."  He made me swaddle all of his animals-pretty sweet little guy! 

As for Cozmo-we had a regular check up on Wednesday and everything is going great.  Doc had no concerns and all my questions continue to be normal!!  We start going every week until the little person is born!  It is absolutely craziness!  I am starting to feel a little more "ready."  Everyone keeps asking us if we are ready...I guess so!?!?   We had all the stuff for Finnean-so surely we can do it again!  I was really worried about getting a baby book (got it!), diapers (Michael finally let me buy some!!) and a double stroller so we are not trapped in the house (check! Thanks to Grandma and Poppa it arrived yesterday!!!).  So now we just need more diapers.  I remember going through them much more quickly than I ever thought!  I can't get over how tiny they are!!  Yesterday Finnean and I washed and folded all of the little newborn clothes we have.  O they are sooo tiny and smelled so good being washed in the baby detergent.  It took me back to when my Big Boy was soooo little.  I am still just a tad on the emotional side-makes we tear up just thinking about how big he is :)  Michael can attest to the crazy emotions, I am sure!!  We also cleaned out the closet in the kids' room, so there is room for little Cozmo stuff.  Michael got the pack and play set up so he has a place to sleep when he gets home from the hospital.  Next, I need to get the car seat washed up and we should be good to go!!  Stay tuned for more news on little Cozmo.  We have maternity pictures tomorrow...so excited!!

1 comment:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I don't know about you but to me it's seemed that your pregnancy has gone very quickly! :)