background

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Swimming with Grady and Jace!

This picture just tugs at my heart strings.  In one look, he looks so old, heading off with his friends but then looking back and wondering...is it safe Mommy...should I go?  He is gaining such independence but thankfully still checks in with me to make sure things are safe...most of the time :)

Having fun!!

Our friends!!
Grady, Stephanie and Jace

So big!  It makes me smile that he wore the same trunks and shirt last summer...must have been a bit baggy.  They actually fit this year!

Splash!!
Finnean was pretty good a not splashing people because he did NOT like to be splashed.  Grady got him in the face one time and after that he spent a lot of time with his shoulders slumped and head down...I think it hurt his feelings and scared the heck out of him!  Not to mention the water was shockingly cold!!

:)

Getting a little more comfortable!

JETS!!
Two fighter jets kept flying around and Finnean loved it.  He would get so excited each time they flew by.  Grady said "airplane!!"  Finnean very sternly (a little sassy) that "Not airplanes!  It is a jet!!"  Stephanie put it well.  Finnean is very specific!

Drying off before we walked home!  They had so much fun!  Today Finnean keeps saying..."I go swimming yesterday with Grady."  I wish you could here it...he says yesterday, in the cutest little way!

No comments: