background

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Who am I kidding?

Yesterday, Finnean had story time at his preschool.  He was so excited until he got there and then was a bit overwhelmed.  Sounds about like what you are about to read...
I have been asked about 100 times...

Family/Friend/Random person: Is Finnean going to preschool this year?? 
Me: Yes, in September.  He is really excited.
F/F/RP: Ohhh, how are you doing? It will be so hard.
Me: I am doing okay, he is the first one so I think it will be way harder when the baby goes.

Yeah freaking right.  I almost pulled him out of preschool yesterday AND he hasn't even started.  I called the director to make sure that I had him in the right class (3 day vs. 2 days a week).  She was so kind and explained that 3 days seems like the best fit for him and his skills and that 5 day next year would be a great preparation for kindergarten.  WHAT!? 5 days!!  I ended up crying on the phone TO THE DIRECTOR and said, I think I am just struggling a bit more than I thought I was going to.  She gently laughed and told me it was normal and I am definitely not the first mom to get cold feet about sending their child to preschool.  We hung up and then she probably told his teacher that I am crazy. 

Awesome.  So he hasn't even BEEN to preschool yet and I am crying. 

His first day is September 5th.  I think he is going thrive at preschool and could use the group interaction.  It is for 6 hours and 45 minutes a WEEK.  He is not going to college.  I will be fine. He will be fine.  AND please, please I plead with anyone that sees me, do NOT say: he will be going to college before you know it.  You might get an overflow of tears that you might not be able to handle!  Good grief, wish me luck. :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Well, good luck with that and it is okay!! Those early years teachers can do it, treat them like their own and do the best we can to let them grow!! He will be safe secure and having a ball mom!