background

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Random fun.

Hutchinson looks a lot like me or so we are told very often.  I think so, most of the time BUT he doesn't always act like me...he gets is organizational skills from his Daddy!
Finnean has been REALLY into eating apples these days.  He is also really into getting his own snack.  For afternoon snack I usually tell him to pick something healthy and he usually comes back with an apple and a cheese stick.  He eats that thing to the core!  He is so proud when he finishes it!  When we went to the apple orchard the other day we picked up a bag of small apples-he has been loving that they are just his size!
Last weekend the boys made crowns at "church school" and they look pretty darn cute wearing them:)
We hopped in the car to head to school the other morning and I noticed this guy on the windshield wiper! He kind of freaked me out but Finnean thought he was super cool.  He made it all the way to school so I put him in a cup and kept him for Finnean to check him out.  We kept him all day and then released him when Michael got home.  We found out that they FLY!!!  The prayer mantis (as Finnean called it) made quite the exit by flying away very quickly!
On Monday we headed for the zoo.  I can't get over how long this guys legs are getting...
Can't beat an Iowa sunset.
I love fall. I love scarves.  I love the fall sunshine so I can wear scarves. 
"Air-pane!!!"
This little man just kills me in his cardigan.  Thanks Abby and Cory for that cute little cardi and thanks to Hutchinson for being a little guy he can still wear it from last year!  I am so proud of Hutchinson.  He is doing great in the nursery at a church that we don't go to (I am doing a bible study) and he acts like his owns the place.  I was worried that he would be nervous without Finnean but he is loving it!  I am so thankful because it makes it so much easier on me:)
Mr. Finnean cheesing it up at the zoo!
Last Sunday our church hosted a concert to benefit the Imagine No Malaria campaign.  I am on the committee for this group at our church, so I helped prepare and serve a potato bar for 100 people.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  We laughed a lot, got a lot done and I learned so much from the others on the committee.  The potatoes turned out really great and the concert was awesome.  The boys loved it and sat through the whole thing!!  Richard and Lisa came up, that was a bonus!
Check out Finnean's sweet fire truck!  Ms. Margaret (his teacher) said that she asked them to cut out a rectangle and make it into a fire truck.  He did just that!  Sorry the picture wouldn't come in the right way, so you kinda have to turn your head to see it.  He even added a ladder!  I just love his little imagination.
Last Friday night I had a girls night with my sweet friend, Michelle (HI MEL!!) and she taught me how to make her homemade pasta.  We had so much fun and stayed up WAY to late.  We will definitely be doing this again. 
PS-the pasta turned out really tasty.  We actually had it for dinner tonight and the boys ATE IT UP!!

No comments: