background

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Finnean

 
This kid.  He is something else.  He has my heart.  He makes me laugh out loud multiple times a day.  Just the stuff he comes up with, you never know what is going to come next.  He is full of energy and loves to play just about any kind of sport.  He would spend most of his time outside, all day everyday if we let him.  On the other hand, he loves to craft and draw and build Legos.  He has been coming up with some pretty cool Lego designs lately.  He loves to read and look at books.  He has been making "books" at preschool during writing time.  It is pretty cute to see what he creates, they are all about superheros!  He is into ninjas and being a spy lately.  His mind is always coming up with something fun for him and Hutchinson to do.  They are always teaming up on adventures.  Finnean gets so sad when Hutchinson doesn't want to play along.  He is still a pretty picky eater but does surprise us with tearing up a meal or two every now and then.  We are pretty sure that he is growing an inch a week.  I can't get over how long his legs are getting.  We really need to measure him!
 
 Preschool Update: Ms. Margaret said that he is doing really great and she thinks he knows how to read some words already.  She said that he is writing words by sounding them out but the best thing that she told me about school is that he is so kind to his friends.  I emailed her to make sure that he wasn't back talking and being disrespectful (like at home) and she said that he is far from it.  There is a little boy that is very trying and a lot of the friends get upset with him but Ms. Margaret said that Finnean is always so kind and sweet to him, even when everyone else is exhausted.  My heart just swelled up.  I am so thankful that he is kind.  That is probably one of my most important goals as a parent, to make sure that the boys are kind.  I am so glad that he is thriving at school.  He really loves his friends and it is so cute to hear about his day.
 
Finnean is in full force of trying to figure out what it means to be (almost) five.  We are learning about a lot these days.  Parenting is hard.  Being (almost) five is hard.  We will get it figured out, it just might take us a little while!  He can be so naughty and just a few minutes later he is just so full of love.  He gives the best hugs and loves to snuggle still (YES!!!).  I am so thankful that he still wants to snuggle up.  I can't believe that he will be FIVE in just a few months.  I am excited to see what the next year brings for this big guy but I am thankful that I get to soak him up right now.   And keep him little for just a little while longer. 
 
I love these shoes.  He just looks like an old kid here...see what I mean about his legs!?
Chucks and Trucks.
Finding and hot wheel of some sort is one of the first things he does when he gets home from school. 
A momma dog and a baby dog made by Finnean.
About two minutes before this, he was insisting that he "wasn't tired" and that he "couldn't sleep."  Then it got really quiet and I found him fast asleep.  Most days he doesn't take a nap but sometimes I just think it is too much for him.  I love that he looks so little here.  I know he is almost five but he is always going to be my sweet first born. 

No comments: