background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cozmo's Update

We went to the doctor on Friday for our OB checkup.  Finnean got to hear Cozmo's heartbeat and had a huge smile when we told him that it was the baby making that noise!  Everything checked out great...everyone is healthy!  Cozmo decided he wanted to make it a little more interesting...I had some contractions yesterday and then continued to have them throughout the night and this morning.  Nothing regular but still not something that I want to be having at 17 weeks along.  I called the doctor and the nurse was not very calm...which did not make me very calm.  She said I needed to be seen today...so I went in and they ran all the tests they needed to run.  Thankfully, the doctor was very calm...just what I needed!  All the tests turned out great, nothing to be worried about.  I got to hear little Cozmo's beating heart again and the doctor reassured me that he thought it was a big growth spurt by the baby and that is what can cause the contractions.  While I am very happy to hear that Cozmo is growing...we don't really need to go to the doctor unexpectedly for any more monkey business!  Hard to believe we are getting close to halfway.  Our ultrasound has been scheduled for March 9th...whooo!!  So excited to see those little arms and legs! 

I have been enjoying the second trimester energy burst, just in time for some warmer weather!  The biggest problem we have been having is my aversion to meat.  Not really a problem for me as much as it is for Michael and Finnean.  I really do not want anything to do with meat-I really can't stand the thought of cooking it, I can eat it if I have nothing to do with preparing it.  We have been having a lot of buttered noodles and frozen pizza...hopefully it passes soon for the sake of our weekly dinner menu!  I have been loving any thing salty or starchy and Hersey's kisses have been a weakness!  Last week I felt Cozmo move for the first time.  It has not been consistent but comes and goes, it is the most amazing feeling.  I actually just felt him right now...it was like he was saying HEY...don't forget to tell them I am moving around too!  You might have noticed that I am more inclined to type he or him rather than she...I do think little Cozmo is a little boy but we will have to wait and see!  Stay tuned for pictures of the growing belly...

1 comment:

Lori said...

2 boys is definately a challenge, but I am sure it may be more drama free... at age 12-14, however I am sure that I am probably in for some entertainment... you might call it.