background

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Whoa...that was a long month!

We made it.  We did it.  We survived.  Michael was gone for all but three days of a two week span and I was prepping for our HUGE Bare Root Trunk show.  I knew that I just had to get to November 10th.  Then my family threw in a family reunion and I pushed that date to November 12.  If we could make it until then, we would be fine!  Christmas is going to seem like a breeze.  WHOA! This post is sounding way more complainy that I had hoped.  That is not the case, it is just real life.  I am SO thankful for my husband and the hard work he puts in for us.  I know that he hates being gone.  This trip was just extra hard for some reason.  I learned that I am not a super mom.  I am reminded of that a lot but really reminded of that this time around.  I learned that I need people around me to support me and I am so thankful that I have those people in my life.  I also learned that I need to lean on God.  Man, I just try to pull away when I am struggling but I need to pull in.  I am learning.  I am thankful that I took a risk and joined a bible study that I didn't know anyone at, they were an awesome support through the crazy.   I am writing this because my heart is full of gratitude.  I am so thankful that I have a husband that cares and works hard for us.  I am so thankful that I have those two little boys to care for, even though they make me stressed sometimes!! :)  I can't imagine life without them, I wouldn't give up being with them for anything.  I am thankful for all the people that helped us out in the past month.  I think that I have still been recovering this week and I am so thankful it is SATURDAY!  A favorite day at our house!  We get to spend the day together exploring and doing whatever we want.  I get to make breakfast for my family and drink my tea at a normal pace.  It is the little things and I just had to share my gratitude.  Maybe it's the season but I try to live in gratitude.  My life seems better when I can be grateful, even for things I don't really want to be grateful for.  What in your life are you grateful for that is not a favorite thing? Mine right now is laundry.  I am trying so hard to remember that we have clothes, warm clothes and a washing machine and water to run it and soap to put in it. Sometimes I despise laundry but I today I am going to be grateful for it and just be thankful that we have clothes to wear.  I might even try do a few loads today! :)  Happy weekend and don't forget to be grateful!

No comments: