background

Monday, November 25, 2013

Last week...

I am not sure how the weeks slip by do quickly.  I have full intentions of blogging a couple times a week and then I pull the blog up and it has been a week!  Last week was fun!  Finnean has a great week at school and Hutchinson had a great week with his momma.  These boys are just growing so fast.  Hutchinson keeps turning into a big boy and Finnean is fast approaching FIVE years old.  I am not ready.  I just want them to stay little.  Finnean keeps saying "I am SO EXCITED for kindergarten,  I can't wait to go to kindergarten! !" It is killing me.  Of course,  I want him to be excited but SLOW down little one!  :) Here are a few pictures of last week.  This week we are just relaxing, getting ready for thanksgiving at our house!  It is so fun,  they are so excited about the holidays!  Stay tuned for all the fun that is to be had!
Finnean LOVES to write and draw.  He is always finding notebooks and taking them over.  Last night I needed to write a few notes and couldn't find any paper without drawing on them...so I just made them my stationary!  Hopefully my letter recipients enjoy the art as much as I do!
We had a BLAST on Saturday morning!  We headed down to Crème Cupcake on Ingersoll and decorated turkey cupcakes.  The boys loved it and I got to have some tasty hot chocolate! It is COLD here, like single digit cold!  Our friends, Logan and Cullen joined us and it was so fun to see the little boys hang out.  As you can tell, our boys LOVED decorating and this was about 5 seconds before they took huge bites of those delicious turkeys! 
On Friday, I had the opportunity to volunteer in Finnean's classroom for his Thankful Feast!  It was SO cute.  His class and the class next to them all brought things that they liked to eat.  We had everything from strawberries (Finnean's pick), to ice cream sandwiches to mac and cheese.  It was quite the spread.  After the feast, they had the First Annual Preschool Thanksgiving Parade.  OH MY!  I will post more pictures.  Finnean was a drummer in the marching band.  Look at how darn cute he is!!  They also had "balloon floats", cheerleaders, a giant balloon turkey and Santa!!  It was so cute! 

This picture is supposed to be below the turkeys but I can't get it to move there! After cupcakes we headed to the Des Moines Winters Farmer's Market. It was nice and cozy inside and we found some tasty honeycrisp apples and yummy beef sticks.  We did NOT find any Christmas presents!  After we checked out the goods, we did some skywalking.  The boys LOVE running free in the sky walks.  Hutchinson took a break to watch some worker guys. 
We had our first snow on Friday.  Hutchinson thought it was pretty cool and kept yelling "NO!!!" AKA snow :)
Finnean and the grilledcheeseasaurous.
This kid.  How did he get so old?!  That smile is killing me and I just can't get over how many words he has.  It is so fun watching him grow.
Before bed giggles!

No comments: