background

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The longest 24 hours ever...

So I knew that Finnean was going to be starting his new daycare on Monday, 9.14.09 and I was getting a little nervous about it. I felt a little uneasy but I had met with her, asked her all the right questions-she had the right answers and her house seemed safe. But I still felt uneasy, Michael thought it was probably me just not wanting him to go to daycare and we left it at that.

Sunday evening rolls around and I don't feel good at all and I think it is from me not wanting to take him in the morning. So I called the soon to be sitter and asked for the number of the other family that she said that she had lined up to start in a couple weeks, as she told me about them when I visited earlier in the week. I thought if I talked to them, we could discuss our kids, vaccines and just that we were both trusting the most precious thing in the entire world with this person. She called me back and said that she didn't have them coming and they were only coming for a visit in a couple of weeks and hopefully would start after that. YUCK!!! I thought I was going to throw up, I felt like she dishonest with me and how was I supposed to take our little Finnean to someone that I don't have an ounce of trust with. Michael, being the rational one in the marriage, is thinking what in the heck are we going to do if you are not going to take him to this person...it is Sunday at 9 pm!!!! I have the worst headache, feel like I am going to throw up and I forgot to tell you, we are sleeping on an air mattress because we moved EVERYTHING that is on carpet into our kitchen or garage for the carpet cleaners to come at 9 am the next day!!! What a mess!!! So Michael said, lets give it a week. I thought okay-we can do this. It will be fine. Meanwhile, I fall asleep and proceed to miss an amazing game of the Packers beating the Bears (Go Pack, Mel!:)

So, I wake up knowing that I have to take him to a place that I don't want to but what else are we going to do. At 8 am I decide he is not going, I call the sitter, I call my boss, tell her what is going on, thank goodness they are understanding and Finnean and I start searching for a suitable daycare for him to start TOMORROW!!! Mind you, the carpet cleaner is arriving and we can't be in the house until the afternoon. Luckily...after 20 phone calls and the second visit,we stopped at the place that we fell in love with. The director and teachers were awesome, the room was clean, babies weren't sitting in exersaucers, it was wonderful. Of course the most expensive place that we have ever considered but if we are going to spend our money, we should spend it on quality care that we feel good about going to. So I spent the afternoon outside with Finnean (wet carpet) filling out paperwork and Michael somehow managed to move everything back to its original spot after it dried (he is truly amazing-not only for his brut strength but for all of the support he provided while we went thought this crazy time-he didn't once think I was crazy for making a decision that was going to drastically change our plans). To top of the day we took Finnean to get his flu shot! We are supposed to go to Kindermusik on Mondays but we were all so exhausted, I think we were all asleep by 8:15. We made it through a crazy day and everything was going to be okay.

My friend Lori, (some of you may know her as Ed), who I admire dearly for her continuous positive view on life (she handles trips up, a little more calmly than I do :), always tells me that God won't give you something that you can't handle. Thanks Lori!

No comments: