background

Monday, August 19, 2013

A visit from Finnean's teacher!

Oh how one year of preschool under your belt can change you or me, anyway.  Last year I scrubbed the house from top to bottom and cleaned the bathrooms and made sure everything was just right.  Today I just shut the bedroom door, Michael gave the bathroom a quick wipe down and lit a candle and we barely got the floor vacuumed!  There were even dirty dishes in the sink...GASP!

I am so thankful that I have learned to relax (most of the time!) over the past year and even more so in the past 4 1/2 years.  I think that would be my advice to first time moms: relax.  It is going to be okay.  Everything doesn't have to be perfect and that sweet babe of yours is going to be okay. Anyway...I got a bit side tracked there.  Bottom-line...just relax!

Okay-back to the teacher visit.   Everything went great.  We got to visit with his teacher and Finnean asked her a few questions.  He didn't even act TOO crazy, like he sometimes does when new people are at our house.  It was just great.  Just as Ms. Margaret was about to leave Finnean said "Hey, I want a snack.  Can I have a green apple?"  It was like I paid him to say that...see my kid eats healthy! :)  For some reason, she went to help Finnean get it out of the refrigerator and of course, Hutchinson comes trotting along to get in on the action too but decided to rattle the wine bottles in the door.  Three half-empty wine bottles plus a bottle of strawberry beer from our favorite brewery.  To top it all off, we just stocked up on New Glarus beer when we went to Dubuque (you can only get it in Wisconsin) and we had two six-packs on the shelf too.  I am sure she didn't think anything of it but goodness, it just seemed like a lot of booze for two people!  In my mind, she wrote in her notes..."See if Finnean's mom smells like booze at preschool drop-off!"  Again, I am totally over thinking it but the home visit kind of seem like they are checking you out, making sure you are "normal" and then we have Hutch rattling wine bottles while she is here. 

It is never dull.  Never.  

PS-Michael didn't think as much of it as I did and said maybe she knows how good New Glarus is and completely understands! :)

No comments: