background

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

a whole week?

I have no idea how a week passes so quickly.  I went to update the blog yesterday and was shocked that I haven't updated for a whole week!  Then I got distracted (if you can imagine) and it didn't get updated again.  So what have we been up too?  Adventuring.  That is what we do.  We headed to eastern Iowa on Friday and that trip deserves a whole blog post.  We squeezed in a date night! WHOOP! Love date night.  Some people say that they aren't important and that they aren't a priority for them...they are for us.  We need to be adults.  I can't think of what else we have been up too but I have to write down the following...

Scene: Hutchinson is waking up and I go into his room.
Hutchinson: (lifting his hands like he is saying "where?""  FI-FI!?!?! (Translation: Where's Finnean?)
Me: Finnean is upstairs.
Hutchinson: Cars?!?!
Me: You want a car?
Hutchinson: shakes head yes.

You can see where I rank.  I finally did get a hug but it took some convincing.  He is just keeping me grounded.  Hutchinson saying Fi-Fi is probably one of the cutest things I have ever heard. Ever.

I will leave you with one of the best faces we have ever captured.  I love this picture.  A little back story...Hutchinson is OBSESSED with flags.  All kinds.   Doesn't matter to him at all, he just loves them and loves to see them flapping in the wind.  We were on our way home from eastern Iowa and Michael mentioned that we could stop in Brooklyn, the community of flags, we couldn't pass it up.  It was late and we should have just kept going but it was totally worth...as you can see.

He just kept saying "WHOA!  WOW!  FLAG. FLAG. FLAG!"

No comments: