background

Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

 
 We started the morning off right by making some homemade cinnamon rolls and yummy breakfast casserole together.  You should probably make the casserole right now and eat it up all week.  It is SO tasty!  Thanks, Erin for the great recipe!  The cinnamon rolls are so tasty too and SO easy!  I recommend checking out Iowa Girl Eats!  We had sweets for breakfast and then the savory for lunch.  It was perfect and SO tasty!  We headed off to church.  Our pastor is retiring in a couple weeks so it is bittersweet each time we got to church. (Hi Kevin and Patty!)  We know that churches change pastors but why does OURS have to change!  Can you tell I am a little reluctant to this change? :)  Anyway...after church we all crashed for naps and then headed to the pool!  Finnean the fish had to show off his skills to his dad! 

Could you tell they were having fun!?  I love Finnean's face in this one.  I am sure that Michael made him laugh:)
After swimming we headed to the Saylorville Marina.  We got to eat outside and watch boats pull in and out...can't get much better than that!  The food is good but the view makes it ever better! 
(Hutch is spying the moon in the top right picture...looking old as ever!)


After dinner we came home for some family football!  Doesn't Finnean look like a hunk!  He can really throw it and last night we taught him what a "duck" was.  So he kept asking, "was that a duck or a spiral?"  I love that boy.  I love that he loves football but I hate the fact that he is most likely going to want to play actual football someday.  Michael thinks I am crazy but the whole head injury thing makes me hope for a solid career in the marching band!   He is getting better at catching the ball but still love to fall down more than anything.  Poor guy woke up with TONS of HUGE bug bites this morning.  I am pretty sure he scratched them the whole night! :( 

Hutchy loves to play football too but spends more time saying "fooooballlll" than really playing!  Finnean likes that because he staying out of his way and he doesn't have to take turns!  I am loving the bottom right picture of Hutchinson.  That smile just gets me!

The top picture is as good as we could get of them town of them together!  They are rolling on top of each other if they are too close!  The giggles are abundant but I am not a fan of the wrestling...I know, I know.  I need to loosen up a bit but I don't want them crashing all over my house!  Did you remember that we have a dog?  Old Jerry, hanging in there will the wild boys.  He turns eight next week.  Hard to believe that we have had him that long.  He is still up to the same things: barking at neighbors, napping and licking (he has allergies and it about drives us crazy!). 
I forgot to mention that it was my birthday yesterday too.  I couldn't have asked for a better day.  Perfect weather and plenty of time with my three boys.  I think this last year in the 20s will be A-Okay as long as I get to spend time with these cuties!  I am also so blessed by my friends who made me feel special on my birthday.  Michael and I are celebrating our summer birthdays by heading to California in just ONE MONTH from today!  We are so excited!  
I had no idea how awesome of a Dad Michael would be.  I know he would be great but he continues to amaze me everyday.  This picture was taken just a few minutes after he became a Dad for the first time.  He had no idea what it would really be like (I don't think) but I don't think he would change it for anything (I think). :) 

This was taken just after Hutchinson was born.  These last two are some of my favorite pictures ever.  Thanks, Michael Wagler for taken sure good care of us and working so hard for our family.  We love you and Happy Father's Day! 

No comments: