background

Monday, June 10, 2013

Fish!

The weather was super nice today, so we decided to head to the pool this afternoon.  We are now official pool pass holders!!  The boys had to get their pictures taken and everything.  Finnean is PUMPED and Hutchinson loved it too.  I was a lot more nervous than I thought I would be taking them.  I don't want them to drown but I don't want my anxiety to be transferred to them.  So I will be working on letting Finnean safely explore.  That is my job for the summer :)  We found out quickly that we were not prepared for the pool.  We didn't have anything to dive after or throw into the pool and no goggles.  So we are on a mission to get those things and soak up some sun this summer! I can't wait to see how much they have changed by the end of the summer!  Our neighbors came too, so it was perfect for all the boys to play along and nice for the moms to have another person to help keep eyes on the boys!
Hutchinson spent most of his time holding on to these little rockets that our friend brought along.  He would barely stick his nose in if he had too but mostly just walked around and splashed.  He did try to go down the slide but then decided that he was a bit too nervous.  He laughed and played hard and I bet he will sleep hard tonight!

Finnean spent most of his time "diving" under the water.  He puts his hands out in front of him and then "dives" in.  I wish I could describe it better but it is hilarious.  He comes up with the biggest smile and says "Did you see THAT!?"  He is really loved the water and we are trying to figure out what the boundaries should be for him.  He loved going down the kiddie slide (he was terrified of it last year) and spent a lot of time doing that.  He is getting more social and even asked a little girl to play with him.  That consisted of her following him around for a few minutes before she got bored. :)  He liked playing with Austin, the neighbor boy, and even tried on a pair of his goggles.  I think he will sleep well tonight too! 

No comments: