background

Friday, July 27, 2012

Bloomfield!

We went to Bloomfield for a wedding on June 30th and then the boys and I stayed until July 4th.  Michael had to go back to work, so we just hung out and relaxed in Bloomfield.  It was a nice low-key time.  It was HOT but always nice to get the boys some quality time with Grandma and Poppa.  Adam and Maddy stopped by on their way back to NE, it was nice to see them as well.   
OOOOHHH!
Love this sweet face. 

The 4th of July always brings mixed emotions.  July 1st is the anniversary of my Mom's death.  The visitation and funeral was right after the 4th, so it is nice that we can go back to Bloomfield and spend some time remembering. It is hard to believe that it has been two years.   I was thankful to be around people who love me.  It was a tough day and I am amazed at the power of grief and how quickly it can take over your day.  To cope, I tried my hand at making a flower arrangement.  Mom always loved a good craft project, so it was a nice way to remember her.  I thought the colors really looked like her too.  We are trying our best to let Finnean know that he has a special angel that looks down on him and will tell Hutchinson as soon as he can start to understand.  I try each day to be grateful for my life experiences, even though they are not experiences that I would have ever picked for my life.   They have made me a stronger person, a better wife and a better mom than I ever thought  I could be. 

Thankfully, I have this sweet face to help me get through the tough days...

...and this crazy kid to make me smile. 
I am so thankful for my family (immediate and extended :).

On a lighter note, you have to love chunky baby legs.  Look at that little booty!!

Looking a little bossy!!!
He turned into a fish over the summer.  It has been sooo fun to watch him grow!

Hutchinson LOVES the water!  I am pretty sure that Finnean just splashed him in the face here.

On the 4th we headed up to the courthouse lawn for the annual pancake breakfast!!  Hutchinson had his first pancake and then stopped for a little photo shoot in front of the beautiful courthouse!!  If you haven't been to Bloomfield you must check it out!!  If you live in Bloomfield or used to...did you know that you can donate to help with the preservation of it?
Davis County Courthouse Preservation Fund
(I swear that Michael did not put me up to that, I just really love that building!!)
PS-Michael things this picture looks like a political ad.  Hutchinson for Mayor!!!

Happy boy after his first bite of pancakes!!

This is one happy boy.  We talked about how it was going to be a 3 P day.
Pancakes, Ponies and a Parade. 
He was so excited and loved all of it.  We even added in a 4th P with a little Pool time later that afternoon. 
He loved riding "Smokey" the pony.

Happy Birthday, America!!

Did I mention it was HOT!?  Like crazy hot.  Lisa, Michael and I all volunteered to stay home with Hutchinson.  Michael and I lost and we took Finnean to the parade.  He loved getting the candy and taking in the sites of the parade.  We made sure that he stayed hydrated by forcing water on him!!!  :) 

No comments: