background

Sunday, July 29, 2012

We made it!!!!

Disclaimer...this whole post will be about nursing a baby...so if you do not need that info...just keep scrolling :) 

O MY GOODNESS!! I did it.  I nursed my baby for a year!  I don't think I have ever been so happy about a personal accomplishment, ever.  It was an incredible amount of work but I did it!!  If you remember about 6 months ago my milk supply was almost out and I worked to build it back up and get little Hutchinson to gain weight again.  We are now officially transitioned to whole milk.  He drinks out of a sippy cup all the time.  The only nursing we have to give up is the 5 am one.  Right now we are in the middle of a transition plan of kicking that one as well.  I have had mixed emotions about this process.  It is an amazing connection but also very tiring and a commitment.  Since Hutchinson started boycotting a bottle, I could not leave him for a really long period of time.  It is a weird feeling that I could leave all day and he would be just fine!! Thanks to Michael and my friends/family I had the support to make this happen.  For anyone who wasn't able to nurse or it didn't work out for you and your family--- I am not anti-formula and I am not a better mom because I nursed him for a year.  I would hate to make anyone feel bad because I am so pumped about this.  It is a goal that we set for our family and it happened to work out!! 
 So I am proud to say, I nursed Hutchinson for a year!!! 

2 comments:

Megan said...

That is such an accomplishment! I am so proud of you, as I know how hard that is!! You are a ROCKSTAR and I love ya!

Erin McCullough said...

I think that this is an AMAZING accomplishment! Am very proud of you. I hope we make it a year, too, but I keep telling myself that every month we make it is a success. Next week will be four months. :)